8 glasses a day is the minimum.. of water ladies…not wine! Get your mind out of the liquor cabinet.
8 glasses of water a day means two things – 1) you will be running to the ladies room a little more frequently, and 2) health and skin benefits!
Water has so many health benefits, it is a wonder that we don’t drink more of it each day! We spend countless amounts of money on speciality health products and vitamins, yet we don’t seem to drink enough of the one thing that our bodies crave – water. And above all else, we live in a place where water is readily available and free – something I would bet 99.9% of us take for granted!
I know what you are thinking…water is boring! That is generally the case for things that are healthy isn’t it? You have to remember that water does so much good for our bodies – for our hair, organs, skin, eating habits, metabolism, and muscles.
So how do we even begin to drink 8 glasses of H2O a day at minimum? Here are my tips for meeting your water quota each day.
And remember – coffee, tea, sports drinks, soda, or wine don’t count! And a glass of water must equal at LEAST 8 ounces (none of this teacup nonsense ladies).
1. Add lemon, lime, or frozen fruit to spice things up. You could even try sipping hot water with a drop of honey in the morning.
2. Get a cute reusable glass bottle that is a pleasure to drink from- so much so that you wont want to put it down.
3. Set alarms on your phone – i.e., 2pm – drink a glass! This can be especially convenient if you drink a glass of water on the hour, every hour (a super way to get all 8 glasses in before 5pm!)
4. Always bring a glass of water to a meeting to avoid getting parched.
5. Use an app! There are plenty of mobile phone apps to help you keep track of your water intake.
6. Purchase an XL water bottle and use tape to set targets on the bottle – i.e., 1/4 cup down can be 11am, 1/2 way could be 3:30pm, etc.
7. Set rules for yourself around your vices. For example, tell yourself you must drink 4 glasses of water before you can have that diet Coke.
8. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS drink 2-3 bottles before, during, and after the gym. Our bodies need us to replenish the water we just sweat out.
9. Make drinking water a part of your night out. 1 glass of wine followed by 1 glass of water. Repeat.
Sounds pretty easy, right?!